Bachelor of Education (B.ED)
To become teacher/ professor at the school/college/university level candidates needs to posses the accurate ability and teaching is considered as the noblest career.
B.Ed or Bachelor of Education is a graduate professional degree which prepares candidates to work as a teacher and its a 2 years programme. It’s not an undergraduate degree is and to pursue this course one needs to have completed his/her graduation. The course comprises of 3 broad areas: Aspects in Education, Curriculum and Pedagogic Studies and Engagement with the field.
- Candidates should be graduate in any stream like Arts, Science or Commerce. However, the graduates must have scored 50% to 55% to be eligible to apply for B.Ed.
- For B.Ed admissions in a majority of colleges, there is no age bar.
In most of the universities admissions are done on the basis of entrance exams and followed by a counseling process. However, there are some universities or institutions which offer admission on merit-based.
NIE Provides Coaching and Admission Guidance only.
Few B.ED Colleges for Admission:
- Rao Mohar Singh College of Education Behrampur.
- Savitri Devi Memorial College of Education, Rajound.
- Kurukshetra College of Education (KCE), Kurukshetra.
The curriculum of B.Ed course is designed in such a way to make the candidates acquainted with all the aspects that they will have to face in their profession. The course curriculum is designed such that candidates need to study the below mentioned topics:
- Childhood and Growing Up
- Contemporary India and Education
- Learning and Teaching
- Language across the Curriculum
- Understanding Disciplines and Subjects
- Gender, School and Society
- Pedagogy of a School Subject
- Reading and Reflecting on Texts
- Drama and Art in Education
- Critical Understanding of ICT
- Knowledge and Curriculum
- Assessment for Learning
- Creating an Inclusive School
- Health, Yoga and Physical Education
On completing this course, candidate can apply as teachers in the primary, secondary and senior secondary schools. Candidates with a B.Ed degree can apply for jobs at all government and private schools in India.
For further enquires please call at 9811313354 / 8800505333 or you can mail at [email protected]